The popularity of running and participation in sports across all ages has increased over the past few decades. While there are many health benefits to running and sports, injuries do occur. These injuries occur in active individuals of all ages and participation levels. There is a lot of information available, however only with expert assessment, is it possible to find the correct information for you. Out of this desire to prevent and treat injuries has evolved the Run & Sports Injury Prevention Clinic.
The Run & Sports Injury Prevention Clinic is designed to give both the novice and professional runner and athlete valuable information about lower extremity biomechanical issues that can minimize injury while maximizing performance. Description of the evaluation stations used at this year’s clinic.
We have made available some of the information that has been shared with participants of the Run & Sports Injury Prevention Clinic. Please select the information you would like to view and feel free to download. If you have any questions or would like to schedule a physical therapy evaluation please contact us at 610-518-9100.
- Running: Training, Fitness, and Staying Motivated Peter Crooke Training Packet
- Run clinic core strengthening: Core strength in vital to any physical activity even running. This handout includes common core strengthening exercises that are good for the novice and advanced runner. Running Clinic Core Strengthening
- Flexibility is vital to preventing injuries and maximizing performance. This handout included common stretches for preventing injury in the runner and active individual. Running Clinic Stretches
- Hip strength is an often overlooked component to preventing injury in runners and active individuals. This handout includes common strengthening exercises for the runner and active individual. Running Clinic Hip Strengthening
- Stresses of altered lower extremity bio-mechanics
Some additional scanned hand-outs you may find useful
- Arches and Shoe Types
- PEP Program
- Training apps
- WIPP-Poster (thanks to sportsmetrics.org)
- Strengthening Your Hip Muscles